Portable washers are manageable, attractive solutions for those who are tight on laundry space. They are lightweight and hard working and most come with casters for increased portability. For what they lack in capacity compared to standard washers, these miniature machines make up for in seamless performance.
So do you need a portable washing machine? Review our side-by-side comparison of the top 10 portable washers and ask yourself the following questions. If you find yourself nodding emphatically at your computer monitor, the Haier HLP23E, Whirlpool LCE4332PQ or Kenmore 4472 could be the answer to your laundry blues.
- Do you pull out your hair when you go to the laundromat? Are you tired of schlepping laundry bags up and down several flights of stairs and fighting with impatient patrons for an old, squeaky washing machine? If you have resorted to buying new clothes to avoid trips to the laundromat, stop already. Save time and quarters and make a smart investment a portable washing machine. Hook it up to your sink and never visit the laundromat again. Do laundry in your home, on your own schedule and keep your sanity.
- Do you live in a home built in the early 1900s? If you live in an apartment, townhouse, condominium or small home, you may not have a washer-dryer hookup. Do not dismay; chances are you have several sinks. A sink and an electrical outlet are all you need to do your laundry conveniently in your own home. Maybe your deluxe vacationing home has the appliance connections, but in a tiny laundry closet. Install a portable washer permanently for space-saving, high quality operation. It will do the work of a standard machine and only take up half the space.
- Do you have a fixation for anything adorably miniature? Even if your concern is cosmetic value only, your eyes will be pleased with a portable washing machine. They are easy to store, but their appealing exteriors make them easy to leave out, too. Smooth cabinets and sleek control pads make for a design that you won't mind keeping in plain view.
- Is your current massive washer overtaking your laundry room and your utility bills? Not everyone has a family of 10, and not everybody needs a washing machine with the capacity to fit a small country. If your family is small or your kids have moved out and you are looking to downsize your laundry, look no further. Portable washers are perfect for couples and small families with small laundry needs. However, they can also handle the heavy use of larger families.
- Are you low on space and out of ideas for creative, space-saving storage? If your abode is humble at best, letting laundry pile up in wait for a bothersome laundromat visit can prove a mountainous affair. When you're out of room, don't let your dirty laundry block doorways and halls. With a portable washing machine, you can do your laundry as soon as you dirty it, if you want. They are compact enough to fit in a closet or corner so they won't take up any unnecessary space. These washers are small, in a big way.
What are you waiting for? If you answered yes to any or all of these five questions, a portable washing machine is right for you.