From the shores of San Diego to the hubbub of New York City to the peaceful serenity of Paris, Idaho, theft and burglary happen everywhere. No matter how safe you may feel, the threat of unlawful access to your home is a real concern. But, in reality, theft is only one of many reasons to own a wireless home surveillance system. We ve narrowed the many reasons down to our top 10.
10. Prevention. Deterring burglary is the best way to prevent loss or damage of your property. Yard signage and window stickers indicating you own a wireless home security alarm system do wonders in protecting your residence. The burglar is more likely to pass over your home for a less protected address.
9. Fire Detection. All homes should have fire detectors, but homes with a wireless home surveillance system have an automated system that will call the fire department for you. If the system detects fire, it will alert the authorities for you.
8. Mobile Access. Being able to access your home s wireless security system from your phone or the internet is one of our favorite features. Now you can watch your children come home from work or secure your house while on vacation.
7. Protection From the Elements. There s only so much a weather report can tell you about upcoming weather conditions. Wireless surveillance systems come equipped with freeze, heat and flood sensors to protect your home inside and out.
6. Door, Window and Garage Door Sensors. Most burglaries actually occur during the day while homeowners are away at work. Thieves will forcibly enter via doors, windows or garage doors. With a wireless surveillance system, you can set alarms to notify you every time a door or window is forcibly opened in your home.
5. Burglary and Theft. Although crime rates have decreased significantly in the past 20 years, 1.1 million homes were broken into in 2009 according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Don t be another statistic.
4. Insurance Benefits. Check with your insurance company for discounts offered to homes with wireless home surveillance systems. You could save anywhere from 5 percent to 20 percent each year.
3. Personal Security Devices. Many wireless home security systems offer the added bonus of personal security devices like key fobs with a panic button and medical pendants for the elderly.
2. Carbon Monoxide Detection. Deemed a silent killer, carbon monoxide whose chemical formula is CO is a colorless, tasteless, odorless gas that is fatal. From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Although CO poisoning can be prevented, every year, approximately 450 people in the United States die as a result of accidental, non-fire related exposure to this toxic gas. And, every year, thousands more people across the United States require emergency medical care for illness caused by CO poisoning. Wireless home surveillance systems monitor CO levels throughout your home, and because all of the units are connected, you will be promptly notified when any room s CO levels spike.
1. Safety. Our number one reason for owning a wireless home surveillance system is the simple yet coveted feeling of safety. Whether out of town or asleep in bed, you can rest assured that your home is protected from burglary, fire and carbon monoxide.