So you ve checked out our top ten online discount ink cartridges stores and now you re ready to stock up on supplies. For the most part shopping at these sites is easy. There are, however, some things you need to keep in mind when choosing a product. Whether you are a first-time shopper or a return customer, here are some of our tips for buying discount ink cartridges online.
- Consider buying remanufactured cartridges. These recycled items are taken apart and all the components are checked, including the drum, corona wire assembly, roller and wiper blade. Any part that is damaged or deteriorated is exchanged for one that is working properly. The cartridge is then cleaned and new ink and printer heads are installed before piecing it back together. Available in many discount ink cartridges stores, remanufactured products are cheaper because only the ink is new, not the casings. These cartridges also are good for the environment since nearly all of their parts are reusable. Most remanufactured cartridge suppliers are reliable and offer quality toner that equal or surpass OEM standards. Cartridges can be remanufactured numerous times before needing to be replaced.
- Plan on spending more for color inkjet cartridges. No matter which discount ink cartridges store you favor you can expect to pay about 30 percent more for color ink than black. That s because a black ink cartridge contains one ink reservoir for one color ink. Color ink cartridges have three reservoirs; one for blue, yellow and magenta. Save money and ink by investing in a printer that has separate cartridges for each color.
- Save money by purchasing your inkjet cartridges in bulk. Sites, such as ABCink and Carrot Ink, offer individual, corporate, military and educational discounts on orders exceeding $200. Other discount ink cartridges stores may sell bundles of cartridges at reduced prices.
- Printer manufacturer versus generic cartridges. The majority of printer manufacturers also have their own line of ink cartridges but that doesn t mean the compatible version won t work in your printer. You just have to know what you re buying. Generally manufacturers cartridges contain a little better quality ink but most people wouldn t be able to tell the difference. The trade-off is lower prices. If you decide to buy a brand name inkjet cartridge the online discount ink cartridges stores will provide the best deals.
- Refill ink cartridges aren t for everyone. Refilling your own inkjet cartridges can save you money, but not everybody wants to do the job themselves. As long as you take your time and follow the directions it s pretty simple. Some discount ink cartridges stores, like The Printer Ink Warehouse, provide refilling tips on their website.
Now that you know about the various types of inkjet and toner cartridges you can make an informed decision when buying these products online. These tips will help you get the best deal and the best discount ink cartridge for your printer.