To most people, kids party favors may seem like a minor detail of the overall celebration, but for many parents, finding the right ones can be a conundrum; how do you select party favors the kids will enjoy without blowing your entire party budget? Doing so may be easier than you think and with a little creativity and ingenuity, finding unique favors that far surpass the typical trinkets is a cinch. Need some help brainstorming? Here are our top 10 favorite kids party favors that are sure to be a hit without breaking the bank:
10. Gift Certificates Give party guests something they will actually use: gift certificates! Find a popular restaurant or retailer that offers gift certificates in small donations and send each kid home with a couple. We recommend McDonald s - the popular eatery sells $1 certificates in books of five and you can write the name of each guest directly on the certificate.
9. Music CD s Create a CD with your child s favorite tunes or songs played at the party and give one to each guest. For about $10, you can purchase label making software to make personalized CD labels to match the party theme.
8. Gift in a Jar Collect small mason jars and find a themed jar recipe or mix apt for your party. For instance, raspberry cocoa mix is great for winter parties or sweet swampwater (a.k.a. lemonade mix) is perfect for a jungle or explorer themed party. Attach the recipe with a matching ribbon to each jar to complete this original party favor.
7. Photo Souvenirs If you have enough adults helping out with the party, have a few take digital pictures of the kids as they arrive and during party activities. Print out the photos before the party ends and place them in a small photo frame for each guest to keep as an instant take-away memory.
6. Themed Books A favor both kids and parents will love, themed books offer an educational yet entertaining way for each guest to remember your child s special day. Small, paperback children s books can be purchased for just a few dollars each. Be sure to match the book to the theme, like a book about trains for a train party or a ballerina book for a little girl s party.
5. Art Supply Set Foster the inner artist in each of your guests with an art supply set, perfect for both boys and girls! Think jumbo crayons and coloring books for young children and sketch pads, colored pencils, paint and brushes for older kids.
4. Girlie Goodies For all-girl parties, put together girlie goody bags, filled with all things pink and frilly, such as headbands, nail polish, lip gloss, costume jewelry and more.
3. S mores Goody Bag For a unique and delicious alternative to candy, try s mores goody bags! Fill each party bag with chocolate kisses or small chocolate squares, two graham crackers and two large marshmallows. Attach a note telling the kids how long they should microwave their s mores before eating.
2. Make and Take Favors Incorporate the party favors with an activity or craft the kids can complete during the party. For example, if you re throwing a garden tea party, have each guest decorate little terra cotta pots and plant a flower. Or decorate picture frames or t-shirts that match the theme of the party.
1. Games and Puzzles Ideal for goodie bags, look for popular games and puzzles in miniature form. Jigsaw puzzles, travel board games and word games like crossword puzzles and Sudoku make perfect party favors for older children.
Whether you re throwing a party for five little girls or ten rowdy twelve year olds, you can find the perfect party favors with just a little creativity and originality! If you need more ideas, be sure to check out or top ten party goods stores!
At TopTenREVIEWS We Do the Research So You Don t Have To.