How much does a mattress cost, and how do you know if you’re getting a good deal? Well, prices vary dramatically between the best mattress online brands and are dictated by things such as mattress size and the materials used to boost your comfort and support. Given how much use your new mattress will get, it makes sense to invest in something that’s perfect for you and your living situation.
The world’s biggest sleep brands usually run sales too, and we have rounded them up with our guides to the best Purple mattress deals, the best Casper mattress deals, and the best Saatva mattress discounts. The most popular mattress sizes are Full, Queen and King, so we’ve compared these three mattress sizes from each brand so that you can compare them at a glance.
How much does a mattress cost when buying online?
Buying a mattress online is one of the best ways to be sure you’re getting the best price for the brand you’re thinking of buying from. Although it’s possible to get some great discounts when buying in-store, it’s more difficult to compare prices between retailers and to get an overview of all the best offers.
Even if your preferred mattress isn’t on offer right now, odds are it will be soon, especially with Black Friday 2020 and then the Christmas sales on the horizon. The top sleep brands often offer regular deals and discounts, and these sometimes include free accessories or hefty reductions in price. The very best ones offer both.
So when it comes to how much does a mattress cost when buying online, you can expect to pay anywhere from a few hundred dollars for an affordable Queen size foam mattress, all the way up to thousands of dollars for a King size hybrid mattress. When you consider how long a memory foam mattress lasts, the pricing should make sense.
How much does a full size mattress cost?
Generally speaking, you can get more fun features for your money when buying a full size mattress over a larger size. Although it’s smaller in size, a full mattress can still have all of the great features you’ll find in larger mattresses, but for less money.
This could include layers of memory foam, spring, and even grid support if you buy the likes of a Purple Mattress. The price can still vary dramatically depending on which brand you choose, but the price of a full size mattress from the top sleep brands are as follows:
- Cost of a full size Purple mattress - from $999 (Original) to $2,199 (Hybrid Premier)
- Cost of a full size Saatva mattress - from $1,099 (Classic) to $2,495 (The Solaire)
- Cost of a full size Casper mattress - from $995 (Original) to $2,395 (Wave Hybrid)
- Cost of a full size DreamCloud mattress - from $999 (Hybrid) to $1,299 (Premier)
- Cost of a full size Leesa mattress - from $899 (Original) to $,1749 (Legend)
- Cost of a full size Tempur-Pedic mattress - from $1,899 (Cloud) to $3,849 (Breeze)
Leesa mattress: Get $350 off a Leesa mattress in the Fall sale
Not only can you save $350 on a Leesa mattress when you shop right now, you can also get a free mattress protector to extend the life of your new mattress. Already budget-friendly, you can now get all three of Leesa’s mattresses for even less when you shop today.View Deal
How much does a queen mattress cost?
The average mattress size bought in the US is a queen size mattress. A queen will comfortably fit two people without taking up too much space, and they’re a good choice if you want something a bit more roomy without going over your budget. Because they’re the median price mattress from most sleep brands, queen size mattresses are usually a good indicator of overall affordability too. The price of a queen size mattress from the major online retailers are as follows:
- Cost of a queen size Purple mattress - from $1,149 (Original) to $2,299 (Hybrid Premier)
- Cost of a queen size Saatva mattress - from $1,399 (Classic) to $2,795 (The Solaire)
- Cost of a queen size Casper mattress - from $1,095 (Original) to $2,595 (Wave Hybrid)
- Cost of a queen size DreamCloud mattress - from $1,099 (Hybrid) to $1,399 (Premier)
- Cost of a queen size Leesa mattress - from $999 (Original) to $2,199 (Legend)
- Cost of a queen size Tempur-Pedic mattress - from $1,999 (Cloud) to $4,699 (Breeze)
DreamCloud mattress: Get $200 off a DreamCloud mattress in the Sleep Week sale
Save $200 when you buy a DreamCloud mattress, and get a mattress protector, sheet set, and cooling pillow for free in the Sleep Week sale. View Deal
How much does a king size mattress cost?
The cost of a king size mattress is typically a lot higher because of the sheer volume of materials required to make it. One of the largest mattress sizes available behind the Cal King, a king size mattress is 76 inches wide, which is 16 inches wider than a queen size mattress.
That’s a fair deal more foam, spring and technology required, which can account for a bigger price tag. That said, some king mattresses can still be relatively affordable when you find a great sale or opt for a budget brand. These are the respective prices for king size mattresses from top brands across their range of mattress makes:
- Cost of a king size Purple mattress - from $1,449 (Original) to $2,799 (Hybrid Premier)
- Cost of a king size Saatva mattress - from $1,799 (Classic) to $3,295 (The Solaire)
- Cost of a king size Casper mattress - from $1,295 (Original) to $2,995 (Wave Hybrid)
- Cost of a king size DreamCloud mattress - from $1,299 (Hybrid) to $1,599 (Premier)
- Cost of a king size Leesa mattress - from $1,199 (Original) to $2,499 (Legend)
- Cost of a king size Tempur-Pedic mattress - from $2,399 (Cloud) to $5,399 (Breeze)
TEMPUR-Pedic Fall promotion: Save $300 on a TEMPUR-Luxe mattress
Luxury sleep just got cheaper in the TEMPUR-Pedic Fall mattress sale. Right now you can shave a generous $300 off the price of a Luxe mattress, across all sizes. View Deal
How much does a mattress cost: What to keep in mind when buying
When considering how to buy a mattress online, making sure you’re getting the best deal possible is essential. If you have a more limited budget in mind, you can either spend this on a full size mattress with all the luxury extras you desire, or you can opt for a great budget mattress in a queen or king size measurement.
Odds are that you can have it all when it comes to finding a great mattress at a price which suits you, because there’s a huge range of online mattress brands competing for your attention. This means you’ll find regular discounts year-round, and especially now as we approach the best Black Friday USA deals in the coming months.