Pros: Free Studio contains 25 free video converting, editing and burning applications.
Cons: Most programs are simplistic and are not bundled into one interface.
The Verdict: DVDVideoSoft is worth trying out if you need an easy-to-use audio or video converter.
DVDVideoSoft Free Studio is a remarkable bundle of free audio and video converters and editing software. The Free Studio actually includes 25 programs unlike many of the other converting programs we have looked at which are one integrated program. Regularly we do not review free video converter software but we wanted to check this bundle out to see how it compared to other paid products we have looked at in our video converting and audio editing reviews.
The applications we found the easiest to use and most functional in the Free Studio were the video downloading tools and the video converter software. The YouTube downloaders worked really well and were fairly fast. We also looked at the 3D Photo Maker offered by DVDVideoSoft as a separate program, which can create 3D images from two similar images.
Even though this video converter software is free, it is kept up-to-date. DVDVideoSoft can run with Windows 7 and can work with HD video file types as well at HQ MP4s. Free Studio comes in 10 languages and can support file types for a variety of devices including iPhones, Blackberrys, iPods, PSPs and PCs.
For the purpose of this review of DVDVideoSoft we used sample music videos downloaded from YouTube to check video and audio converter quality. We also tested the burn quality and the video to iPhone converter. Additionally, we tested the 3D Photo Maker just for fun.
Video Converters and Video Editors:
This group of free video converter software from DVDVideoSoft includes YouTube downloaders, uploaders, editors and converters as well as a variety of video converters. The converters can convert video files to DVD, Flash, 3GP, iPod, PSP, iPhone and MP3. We had no trouble using the downloaders and all the video converters worked for us except the iPhone one. We downloaded an MP4 from YouTube and used the free video-to-iPhone converter and then sent the resulting video to an iPhone via email and the file type could not be recognized. The YouTube uploaders worked very well for us though, basically you just copy a YouTube URL and paste it into the program to begin downloading and it downloads rather quickly.
The free DVDVideo Soft video editing tools include video dub, screen video recorder and a flip and rotate tool. The rotate was extremely simple to use and worked. The dub was fairly easy to use, basically it will let you view video and cut out a desired section. The screen video recorder was a bit more difficult. We could easily figure out how to capture a screenshot image but had to consult the help files to learn how to capture streaming video. This screen recorder saves video in AVI format and images as BMP, JPEG, GIF, TGA and PNG image file formats.
Audio Converters and Audio Editors:
DVDVideo Soft Free Studio video converter software includes audio converters, burners and a dub tool. We didn t have any issues with these programs; they all performed fast and executed easy conversions. It includes an audio-to-flash, an audio CD-to-MP3 and a basic converter.
The basic audio converter can work with MP3, WAV, M4A, WMA, OGG, FLAC and APE audio file type formats. It can do batch and single conversions and it will create new presets or edit the old ones. This particular free audio editor converter comes in 14 languages and works with Windows 7.
3D Photo Maker:
This is a standalone program separate from the DVDVideoSoft video converter software that can turn two images into a 3D image. This tool is really easy to use. The only hard part is getting the right images to convert. To create a 3D image you have to have two quality images that differ slightly with a horizontal shift. Once you have good images to use, though, you can have a 3D image created rather quickly. We did run into one minor issue with this program, however. When we clicked the Make 3D button the created image would only show for a few seconds. To view the image longer you have to open it from the newly created saved file and of course you have to have 3D glasses to see the 3D image.
Ease of Use:
All of these free video converter software applications were rather simplistic, therefore rather easy to use. The only thing that took us a bit to figure out was how to make sure the files were saved where we wanted them since by default they all go into separate folders depending on which DVDVideoSoft program you are using.
We also had some issues with burning a disc. When we used the Free DVD Video Burner and the Free Video to DVD Converter tool and tried to burn a video file onto a disk it would say there was no burner software available. The program would then ask us if we wanted to find the right software so we chose that option and downloaded the recommended software. However, we could never get that software to burn video to a disk. So in order to burn to a disk you may need to use another program like Nero or Roxio.
Since this is free video converter software from DVDVideoSoft it does come with a few catches. First off we did not have any download issues or malicious content downloaded with this software, which is good, so no worries there. However, it does want you to install certain toolbars and search options but you can opt out of those offers, but you have to be careful, if you click next without reading the offer you may end up with some installations you don t want.
Additionally, even though Free Studio is one video converter software download the different elements of the bundle are still separate and on the DVDVideoSoft website you can download them all collectively or individually if you want. The Free Studio package has the addition of a screen that is similar to a portal screen which basically acts as a way for you to access all individual sections. What this means is that sometimes moving video from one section to the next may take a few extra steps since not all applications are integrated.
Help & Support:
Even though the DVDVideoSoft Free Studio video converter software and the 3D Photo Maker are free products they do come with some support. Online DVDVideoSoft posts some FAQs and step-by-step instructions, and you can submit by form a request for support. We submitted a support request regarding the iPhone video converter and received an email confirmation of our request immediately, but then had to wait a bit for the actual response.
Sometimes free video converter software can come with some issues or spyware or adware, however we had few problems with DVDVideoSoft Free Studio especially in regards to their free video downloaders and video converters. We only had a few issues with disc creation and the iPhone converter, but those are only two elements of a suite of 25 applications.
If you need easy-to-use video converter software or YouTube uploaders and downloaders, DVDVideoSoftware can provide some good tools either in the Free Studio bundle or as separate downloads. All the applications are easy to use and they post step-by-step instructions online that we found quite helpful.
More DVDVideo Free Studio Screenshot Images:
This screenshot image shows the YouTube tools available in the DVDVideoSoft Free Studio.
This screenshot image shows the MP3 and audio converter included in the DVDVideoSoft Free Studio.
This image shows the DVD and CD disc burning tools included in the DVDVideoSoft Free Studio.
Popular in Software
Connect with Us
15 Most Awesomely Creative Aquariums
An aquarium adds color and interest to any home. Even a small goldfish bowl can be a conversation piece. Aside from the aesthetics of adding...
Fun and Interesting Facts About Fish
Lurking below the sparkly surface of a blue lake or the deepest ocean are nearly 28,000 species of fish that humans have discovered and identified,...
Identity Theft on the Rise Due to Internet Flaws
Constant internet access has become a staple in the average person's life, thanks to the interconnectivity of our smartphones, wearable smart...
Keeping Your Teens Protected From Predators Online
Recently, a judge sentenced Florida-based Lucas Michael Chansler, 31, to 105 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to nine counts of producing...
Backup & Recovery
- Data Backup Software Review
- Data Recovery Software Review
- Disk Recovery Software Review
- iPhone Data Recovery Software Review
- Mac Backup Software Review
- Mac Data Recovery Software
- Mac Hard Drive Recovery Review
- PC Backup Review
- Server Backup Software Review
- System Repair Software Review
- Windows Server Backup Review
- ACT/SAT Prep Software Review
- Advanced Careers in Medicine Review
- Computer Careers Review
- Creative Writing Software Review
- Education Careers Review
- Learn English Software Review
- Learn French Software Review
- Learn Japanese Software Review
- Learn Spanish Software Review
- Learn to Read Software Review
- Mac Typing Software Review
- Medical Careers Review
- Online Education Review
- Speed Reading Software Review
- Spelling Software Review
- Typing for Kids Software
- Typing Software Review
- Vocabulary Software Review
- Writing Enhancement Software Review
- Writing Software Review
- Astrology Software Review
- Calendar Software Review
- Cookbook & Recipe Software Review
- Creative Printing Software Review
- Deck Design Software Review
- Genealogy Software Review
- Greeting Card Software Review
- Guitar Lesson Software Review
- Home and Interior Design Software for Mac Review
- Home Design Software Review
- Home Inventory Software Review
- Interior Design Software Review
- Kitchen Design Software Review
- Label Making Software Review
- Landscaping Software Review
- Mac Genealogy Software Review
- Mac Greeting Card Software Review
- Mac Landscaping Software Review
- Mac Recipe Software Review
- Meal Planning Software Review
- Music Notation Software Review
- Nutrition Software Review
- Organizer Software Review
- Pattern Making Software Review
- Photo Album Software Review
- Photo Retouching Software Review
- Resume Writing Software Review
- To-Do List Software Review
- Travel & Map Software
- Vacation Rental Management Software Review
- Wedding Invitations Software Review
- Will Software Review
- 3D Animation Software Review
- App Maker Software Review
- Audio Converter Software Review
- Audio Editing Software Review
- Audio Production Software Review
- Beat Making Software Review
- Blu-ray Burning Software Review
- Blu-ray Player Software Review
- Blu-ray to Blu-ray Copy Software Review
- Blu-ray to DVD Converter Software Review
- Blu-ray to iPad Converter Software Review
- CAD Software Review
- CD Burning Software Review
- Desktop Publishing Software Review
- Digital Painting Software Review
- DJ Mixing Software Review
- Drawing Software Review
- DVD Authoring Software Review
- DVD Burning Software Review
- DVD Collection Software Review
- DVD Copy Software Review
- DVD Player Software Review
- DVD Ripper Software Review
- DVD to iPad Converter Software Review
- DVD to MP4 Converter Software Review
- eBooks Creators Review
- Facial Analyzer Review
- Graphic Design Software Review
- Jukebox Software Review
- Mac Audio Editing Software Review
- Mac CD Burning Software Review
- Mac Drawing Software Review
- Mac DVD Burning Software Review
- Mac DVD Copy Software Review
- Mac Photo Editing Software Review
- Mac Publishing Software Review
- Mac Video Converter Review
- MIDI Software Review
- MP3 Software
- MP4 to DVD Converter Review
- PACS Software Review
- Page Layout Software Review
- Photo Collage Software Review
- Photo Editing Software Review
- Photo Manager Software Review
- Photo Organizing Software Review
- Photo Recovery Software Review
- Photo Slideshow Software Review
- Professional Photo Editing Software Review
- Professional Video Editing Software Review
- Recording Studio Software Review
- VHS to DVD Software Review
- Video Capture Software Review
- Video Converter Software Review
- Video Downloader Software Review
- Video Editing Software Review
- Video Game Recorder Software Review
- Voice Recording Software Review
- Anti-Keylogger Software Review
- Bug Tracking Software Review
- Cell Phone Monitoring Software Review
- Cell Phone Parental Control Software Review
- Email Encryption Software Review
- Facebook Parental Controls Review
- Mobile Device Management Software Review
- Mobile Security Software Review
- Monitoring Software Review
- Parental Software Review
- Parental Time Control Software Review
- Password Management Software Review
- Personal Firewall Software Review
- Privacy Software Review
- Proxy Services Review
- Spouse Monitoring Software Review
- Web Application Firewall Review
- Anti-Malware Software Review
- Antispyware Software Review
- Best Antivirus Software for Windows 7
- Best Antivirus Software for Windows 8
- Best Antivirus Software for Windows Vista
- Best Antivirus Software for Windows XP
- Best Antivirus Software UK
- Computer Protection Software Review
- Encryption Software Review
- Endpoint Protection Software Review
- Internet Filter Software Review
- Internet Security Suites Software Review
- Mac Antivirus Software Review
- Mac Encryption Software Review
- Mac Internet Filter Software Review
- Mac Internet Security Software Review
- Premium Security Suites Review
- Small Business Antivirus Review
- Small Business Internet Security Suites Review
- Spam Filter Review
- Disk Defragmenter Software Review
- Disk Imaging Software Review
- Driver Update Software Review
- File Compression Software Review
- Network Management Software Review
- Partition Manager Software Review
- PC Migration Software Review
- PC System Utilities Software Review
- Registry Cleaners Software Review
- Registry Repair Software Review
- Remote PC Access Software Review
- Screen Capture Software Review
- Sync Software Review
- Uninstaller Software Review