Sleep Awareness Week 2021 is nearly over, and we have seen some great articles shared across the internet - and right here on Top Ten Reviews. Sleep Week, as it’s more commonly known, was launched in 1998 by the National Sleep Foundation, a global authority on all things slumber. For over two decades, Sleep Awareness Week has acted as a way for doctors, researchers and sleep experts to help us understand why sleep is important, and what reasonable changes we can make to our everyday lives so that healthy sleep is easier to get and more of a priority.
Since it began, Sleep Awareness Week has acted as a spring-board for some truly fascinating conversations around various aspects of slumber. And each year Sleep Week coincides with the start of Daylight Saving Time, and also sees the publication of the National Sleep Foundation’s annual Sleep In America poll. This year the random-sample survey looked at whether the public think the changing of the clocks affects their sleep, and discovered that over 70% said it doesn’t.
How we are celebrating Sleep Awareness Week
We too recognize the importance of sleep as one of the main pillars for better health, alongside regular exercise, eating healthily, and being kind to your mind with regular mental wellbeing practices. So for Sleep Awareness Week 2021, we will be publishing a series of articles around snoozing, as well as helping you understand how to buy the best mattress online for your dominant sleep position (if you don’t know, we’ll help you), and why the best pillows for sleeping are a cheaper yet worthwhile investment for your sleep health.
On this page, you will find links to all of the Sleep Week 2021 content we’ll be sharing across our site over the next several days. So if you want to keep on eye on the various interviews and tips-based sleep articles we’ll be sharing, as well as good deals on sleep products, bookmark this page and check in when you can. We’ll keep updating it with new content, so you won’t miss a thing.
We know time is precious, and during the ongoing pandemic many people have far bigger concerns than how well they’re sleeping (and why it matters), but if you take one thing away from this year’s Sleep Awareness Week, let it be this: when you sleep better regularly, your overall mental and physical health reaps the benefits, and life becomes a little easier to handle.
Sleep Awareness Week 2021: Advice and tips
Learn a little more about sleep, including expert tips and techniques if you're stressed about not being able to sleep:
- We asked doctors to answer this huge question: Why is sleep important?
- 6 tips for choosing a mattress for back pain relief and support
- A sought-after sleep coach reveals his best sleep tips
- Do you scroll on your phone before sleep? New research says it could be an issue
- 5 bedroom design mistakes that could be ruining your sleep
- Money worries keeping you awake at night? These expert tips should help
- Are you waking up to pee at night a lot? A urologist shares how to deal with it
- Can bedtime-friendly tech help your sleep routine? Time to find out
- Our foolproof tips on how to clean pillows for more hygienic sleep
- Experts agree, this is the best color lighting for sleep
- A psychologist shares her advice for how to stop anxiety ruining your sleep
- Learn how to pick the best bedroom wall colors for snoozing
- How to sleep for longer, and how your body clock changes with age
- Question: how many hours of sleep do you need?
- How to optimize your bedroom for sleep, according to a sleep doctor
- How to make your own bed socks, after a doctor says they can help you sleep
- 8 surprising sleep facts and myths, including how much we dream each night
- Easy sleep relaxation tips to try tonight, suggested by a clinical psychologist
- View this year's Sleep in America poll results from the National Sleep Foundation
Sleep Awareness Week 2021: Deals and guides
Upgrade various aspects of your bed and bedding for cozier snoozing, and save some money while you're at it:
- Tempur-Pedic is offering a generous 40% off its most popular bed topper
- No budget for a new mattress? Try the best bed toppers instead
- Grab a $40 discount on a top Philips wake-up light
- Rest up with a colossal $1,100 off Plush Beds this Sleep Awareness Week
- Get 25% off GhostBed mattresses before the time-limited sale ends
- Meet the world's best pillows for sleeping in a variety of positions
- Amerisleep is having a Sleep Week sale too, with 30% off mattresses
- The 10 best sound machines for helping you to relax and sleep
- Fancy an Airweave mattress? They're currently up to $600 off
- Save $200 on an Avocado Green luxury latex mattress
- Keep your cool with the best cooling mattress for hot sleepers
- Discover how the best sunrise alarm clocks could help you wake up easier
- Bag a discount on a top sleep brand with these Purple mattress deals and discounts
- Save $150 on a Brentwood Home mattress this Sleep Week
- Check out the best Casper mattress deals for a budget bed-in-a-box
- Or sleep in luxury worth the best Saatva mattress discounts