Pros / ParetoLogic XoftSpy Anti-Virus Pro includes heuristic detection.
Cons / Support is via email.
Verdict / XoftSpy does not seem to be updated frequently.
Editor's Note: This review has been removed from our side-by-side comparison because AV-Test, an independent antivirus test lab, did not evaluate ParetoLogic XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro in its latest round of tests. These tests play a heavy role in our ratings, so we are unable to review products not included in the tests. The original review is below, but check out our current Antivirus Software comparison here.
If you surf the internet, you must protect your computer against viruses, spyware and other malware types with security software such XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro. It is easy-to-use software with the tools and technology to protect your PC and your identity. XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro takes care of viruses, spyware, adware, Trojan downloaders, computer worms and keyloggers. Online threats mean trouble for you and your personal computer. Some malicious programs try to steal your confidential information such as credit card numbers, banking information, government-issued ID data, passwords and logins. Some types of malware take over your computer and put it to use spamming or as part of distributed denial-of-service attacks. Some malware can hijack your browser or annoy you with pop-up ads. Lots of malware interferes with the operating system and creates instability, errors, blue screens, crashes and freezing.
XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro defends against the many different kinds of viruses, spyware and malware. Active Protection stops threats before they can infect your PC. In addition, it uses cutting edge scanning engines, utilizing a frequently updated database, to find and remove malware, even emerging threats. Key features of XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro:
- XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro deals with spyware, viruses, adware, keyloggers and Trojan downloaders.
- It is easy-to-use and install.
- It stops threats from downloading to your computer.
- It uses cutting edge and traditional detection techniques to prevent malware.
- It finds and gets rid of a type of malware called a rootkit, which tries to burrow into the registry of the operating system.
- You can do a quick scan or run a full system search for malware. Or you can create custom scans.
- You can schedule regular scans for when it is convenient.
- The virus, spyware and malware database will automatically update themselves.
- XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro cleans away threats.
It is difficult for XoftSpy AntiVirus Pro to rank well in our review because ParetoLogic has not submitted it to AV-Test for testing. Therefore there is no objective data about how it compares to competitors in terms of its ability to detect and block known and unknown malware. We do not know how well it does against competitors when it comes to disinfecting an already compromised system. Furthermore, the only access to support seems to be via email. The product does not seem to be updated regularly.