Are you looking for computer security software that provides superior protection? Kaspersky Anti-Virus is one of the best antivirus applications on the market. Some may suggest that you can either purchase the software or download the free Kaspersky Free Virus Scan. While it may seem like a great deal to get such amazing software for free, don't download it just yet. There are big differences between the full version and Kaspersky Free Virus Scan. Here is an examination of what each download offers so that you can decide if the free version is actually what you need.
What is Kaspersky Free Virus Scan?
Kaspersky Free Virus Scan isn't anti-virus software in the traditional sense. It is exactly what it says it is a scan that alerts you to viruses on your computer. While this scan is a handy way to see if your current security software is working properly, it doesn't protect your computer from attacks or infections. It also doesn't remove the infections that it finds. It is simply and way to check your computer for infections. As you can probably already tell, it isn't a good option for computer security unless you already have a fully functioning security system in place.
What is Kaspersky Anti-Virus and How Does it Differ from Kaspersky Free Virus Scan?
Unlike, Kaspersky Free Virus Scan, Kaspersky Anti-Virus supplies full protection against most viral threats and other malware. While it's not the best version of Kaspersky's security software, it is still a great way to protect most home computers.
The following are some of its features:
- It blocks malware that is newly created by hackers and hasn't been caught by your software before or identified by Kaspersky. Many times, malicious software can sneak by anti-virus software when it hasn't downloaded an update that identifies the malware. You don't have to worry about that threat with Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- It provides real-time protection from newly identified threats.
- It protects your computer from identity-stealing malicious tools called spyware, keyloggers, screen capture and phishing.
- The software frequently updates so that it can run more efficiently. These updates are small, so they don't drag down your computer's speed while they are downloading.
- The gamer mode allows the software to run silently in the background while you work on presentations, play games or watch movies. This means that you don't need to worry about alerts downsizing your window when you're right in the middle of something.
You've probably heard the phrase comparing apples to oranges. In the case of Kaspersky Free Virus Scan and Kaspersky Anti-Virus, the two are as different as trash trucks and pencil sharpeners. They have two separate uses that are nothing alike. Kaspersky Free Virus Scan and Kaspersky Anti-Virus can be a great team for protecting your computer. With Kaspersky, there is no such thing as long-term free software. The only version of Kaspersky that is free and fully functioning is the 30-day free trial offered on the Kaspersky website.
At TopTenREVIEWS We Do the Research So You Don't Have To.