July 4th is a day to celebrate all things that make the United States a beautiful place to live: apple pie, a good barbecue, America’s independence, and of course, capitalism. Nothing else screams ‘America’ quite like a good July 4th sale, and with most people off for the day, there’s no better time for brands and retailers to convince you to buy, buy, buy, with a host of July 4th deals online and in stores.
But you don't have to wait for the day itself for the July 4th sales to officially start. Nor do you need to wait for the best Amazon Prime Day deals to start rolling in. Just in time for the fireworks, there are a ton of July 4th deals you can take advantage of now. Here’s our pick of this year’s best 4th of July deals so far...
The best 4th of July sales happening now
A ton of popular retailers have launched their 4th July sales early and are offering up their wares for ridiculously reduced prices already. Chances are, you probably buy from them pretty regularly already. You can get these pre-4th July deals right now instead of waiting for the day itself – just remember that some of these offers will only last until the stock runs out. Here are the best 4th of July sales to browse...
- Home Depot 4th July sale: Get up to 40% off appliances, grills, mowers, power tools, and patio furniture (opens in new tab)
- Best Buy 4th July sale: Save up to 40% on appliances, including washing machines, fridges, microwaves and more (opens in new tab)
- Lowe's 4th July sale: Up to 40% off appliances (opens in new tab)
- REI 4th July sale: Up to 40% off outdoor gear from brands like Patagonia and Hydro Flask (opens in new tab)
- Drybar 4th July sale: 20% off all products, tools, and kits (opens in new tab)
- Tempur-Pedic 4th July sale: $500 off select mattresses (opens in new tab)
- Tuft and Needle 4th July sale: Mattresses for as low as $445 (opens in new tab)
- Old Navy 4th July sale: 50% off all shorts, tees, and dresses (opens in new tab)
- Crane & Canopy 4th July sale: Up to 70% off luxury bedding and home decor (opens in new tab)
- LG 4th July sale: 40% to 50% off on kitchen and laundry packages (opens in new tab)
- SimpliSafe 4th July sale: 15% off system purchase and a free security camera, through 7/9 (opens in new tab)
- Overstock.com 4th July sale: 70% off sitewide, select items an extra 20% off, orders over $45 get free shipping (opens in new tab)
- HP 4th July sale: Up to 61% off most items like laptop computers and photo printers (opens in new tab)
- Harman Audio: Up to 60% off items like wireless speakers and headphones (opens in new tab)
4th of July deals: the best early offers
Looking for an item in particular? There's a little something for everyone during the 4th of July sales. From clothing to electronics or outdoor gear, if there's something you want or need, there's no perfect time to buy it. Here's our pick of the best 4th July deals available right now...
Samsung 25.5 cu. ft. french door refrigerator: $1,149.99 (was $1,649.99) at Best Buy (opens in new tab)
Save $500 - The stainless steel Samsung 25.5 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator with Internal Water Dispenser is now a steal for just $1,149.99, previously $1,649.99. That's $500 off a top-notch upgrade to your current fridge – and just in time for your July 4th gathering.
Hampton Bay Statesville Shell 5-Piece Aluminum Outdoor Dining Set: $419.40 (was $699) at The Home Depot (opens in new tab)
Save $279.60 - The Statesville Shell 5-Piece Aluminum Outdoor Dining Set is now just $419.40, down almost $280 from the original price of $700. If you're planning a July 4th barbecue, it's the perfect investment for the season.
Nexgrill Cart-Style Charcoal Grill in Black with Side Shelf and Foldable Front Shelf: $99 (was $119) at The Home Depot (opens in new tab)
Save $20 - Home Depot has knocked $20 off a top-rates Nexgrill charcoal grill for a limited time, perfect for all your grilling needs this season.
NEMO Dagger 2 Tent: $300 (was $400) at REI (opens in new tab)
Save $100 - If you're looking for a tent for your backyard or the great outdoors, you can save $100 on the NEMO Dagger 2 Tent until July 4th.
Whirlpool 7-cu ft Electric Dryer (White): $448 (was $599) at Lowe's (opens in new tab)
Save $151 - This Whirlpool dryer is 25% off through July 10th, but you want to buy this as early as you can: it's only available while supplies last.
Slim-Fit Graphic Ringer Tee for Women: $7 (was $17) at Old Navy (opens in new tab)
Save $10 - Stay cool for the summer! This July 4th-appropriate graphic tee from Old Navy is on sale for just $7, down from $17.
1.5 cu. ft. NeoChef™ Countertop Microwave with Smart Inverter and EasyClean® $200 (was $240) at LG (opens in new tab)
Save $40 - The 1.5 cu. ft. NeoChef™ Countertop Microwave with Smart Inverter and EasyClean® is now 16% off at LG. It's down to just $200 from $240.
The Sunset Blue: $12 (was $40) at Crane & Canopy (opens in new tab)
Save $28 - These luxurious Crane & Canopy shams are $12 dollars each instead of the regular price of $40.
TEMPUR-breeze: $3,299 (was $3,799) at Tempur-Pedic (opens in new tab)
Save $500 - Select breeze mattresses, like this Queen-sized Medium Hybrid (PRObreeze), are $500 off for a limited time. It will keep you 3 to 8 degrees cooler just in time for summer.
4th of July sales and deals: what we expect to see
The 4th of July sales are an excellent opportunity to stock up on everything you actually need – and everything you think you need – but what will be the best 4th July deals this year? Where can you make the biggest savings?
A good way to predict where we'll see the best 4th July deals this year is to take a look back at previous 4th July sales. Doing so quickly highlights some patterns in the biggest deals and discounts of the season, helping us identify which products will probably see the largest price drops again this year...
Mattresses: A huge number of mattress brands give major discounts on their items for July 4th, and for good reason: June and July are in the middle of peak moving season (opens in new tab), which means that people are more likely to buy a new mattress at this time than any other time in the year. 4th July mattress sales have been a huge success for brands in the past, so it only makes sense that we'll see them again this year.
Clothing: Many brands and outlets will discount their items for the 4th of July. School's out, and many kids will be updating their wardrobes for summer and the next year. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have a little something on sale for mom and dad, too.
Outdoor gear: Summer vacation has either just started or is imminent for many families. While some may opt for more luxurious destinations, many choose to take on new adventures in the great outdoors. After all, summer is the time to do so... We expect many outdoor gear retailers to sell their wares at a discounted price in the run to and during July 4th.
Appliances: People tend to have more time to take care of house maintenance in the summer. This means updating outdated appliances like washer and dryers, fridges, dishwashers, and more. Many take advantage of the July 4th sales to replace appliances that aren't as electricity or water-efficient as they could be, especially in the summer months when water is at a higher demand.
How to get the best 4th of July deals
A little lost in the sea of deals and sales this July 4th? We're here to help! Here are some expert tips to help get the best bang for your buck.
- Bookmark this page. We'll continue to update this page daily with the very best 4th July deals on the best products, so bookmark this page and don't forget to check back in regularly.
- Do your research: While we're here to tell you the best deals around, it never hurts to shop around. After all, you know exactly what you're looking for... But draw up a list first: it's easy to become lost in July 4th sales – create a list to stay focused.
- Search for coupons online. Want extra savings? Search for coupon codes online. We'll bring you the very best 4th July deals – but coupon codes can reduce those prices even further, and having that extra money in your pocket never hurts. Try checking sites like RetailMeNot (opens in new tab) and Coupons.com (opens in new tab) for codes you can enter at checkout if you're buying online.
- Download coupon-code browser extensions. Coupon-code browser extensions scan the internet and use buyer reports to bring you even more savings on hundreds of items. Check out joinhoney.com (opens in new tab), which is a popular option.
- Get free shipping. Shipping costs can add up over time, and some are simply outrageously expensive. Dive a little deeper on the Internet and search for free shipping codes on freeshipping.org (opens in new tab). Alternatively, buy online and opt to pick up in store, if you have the luxury of doing so.
- Leave items in your cart. If you're shopping online, don't check out right away! If you're not pressed for time, leave your items in your cart. To entice you to buy, some retailers will send you a coupon code by email after a few hours.
- Sign up for retailer emails. They may be annoying to get everyday, but sometime these emails are a goldmine for savings. From coupon codes to free gifts to sale previews, you may keep even more cash in your pocket if you sign up. Some brands will even offer a special introductory discount for new customers. Don't want to clutter your inbox? Open a separate email account just for deals!
About our deals
We sort through thousands of deals to offer the best prices from the most trustworthy retailers. You can support us by clicking these independently selected links, as we may earn a commission on any purchase you make, at no extra cost to you.